Monday, July 18, 2005

Man bites dog II

I’ve been hard on Daily Kos before, and with good reason. It’s the stereotypical cesspool of the far left, with the usually profane and always hysterical conspiracy mongering and hate speech that characterizes the extreme edges of political “thought” on both sides. With that in mind, I have to give credit where credit is due, as Markos recently posted:


“Today I did something I've never done before (not even during the Fraudster mess), and wish I'd never had to do.

I made a mass banning of people perpetuating a series of bizarre, off-the-wall, unsupported and frankly embarrassing conspiracy theories.

I have a high tolerance level for material I deem appropriate for this site, but one thing I REFUSE to allow is [lying] conspiracy theories. You know the ones -- Bush and Blair conspired to bomb London in order to take the heat off their respective political problems. I can't imagine what [expletive] world these people live in, but it sure ain't the Reality Based Community.”


I’m not sure why he’s picking now to take a stand on silly conspiracy theories, it’s the red meat of his site. This is a group that never met an anti-Bush (or Blair, or Isreal/Jew, etc.) fantasy they didn’t like, and he seems to be reinstating anybody who asks, but at least it is a positive symbolic step anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home