Friday, January 30, 2009

True story

An elementary school teacher in Boston explains to her class that she is a Celtic fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Celtic fans.

Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Celtic fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Celtic fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a Lakers fan, and proud of it," Mary replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears.

"Mary, why, pray tell, are you a Lakers fan?"

"Because my mom is a Lakers fan and my dad is a Lakers fan, so I'm a Lakers fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Lakers fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mom was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict, what would you be then?"

"Then," Mary smiled, "Then I'd be a Celtic fan".

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home