Friday, October 27, 2006

Demagoguery gone bad

Turns out that the now famous Michael J. Fox ads smearing various candidates around the country as being anti-stem cell research (has there ever been any public figure come out against SCR?) don't always turn out as well as planned:

STEELE: I'm Michael Steele, and I approve this message.

TURNER: I'm Dr. Monica Turner.

Congressman Ben Cardin is attacking Michael Steele with deceptive, tasteless ads. He is using the victim of a terrible disease to frighten people all for his own political gain.

Mr. Cardin should be ashamed.

There's something you should know about Michael Steele. He does support stem cell research, and he cares deeply for those who suffer from disease.

How do I know? I'm Michael Steele's little sister.

I have MS, and I know he cares about me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home